Figure 2-8.Practice tests: (A) simple; (B) difficult.
2. Count the total number of errors.
5. Divide the number obtained in step No. 4
3. Multiply the number of errors by 50. (Fifty
by 5. This answer gives the gross words because
strokes are taken off for each error.)
each word is considered to consist of 5 strokes.
4. Subtract the number of error strokes
6. Divide the gross words (number obtained
(number obtained from step No. 3) from the total
in step No. 5) by 5 to obtain the number of words
number of strokes (number obtained in step
typed per minute. The gross words are divided by
5 because this is a 5-minute test.