7. Minimum required clearance between any
unsupported section of SMDC and any operating
mechanism is 1.00 inch throughout the full
operating range of the mechanism.
8. Minimum required clearance between any
supported section of SMDC and an electrical wire
bundle is 0.25 inch, if both are clamped in the
9. Minimum required clearance between any
unsupported section of SMDC and an electrical
wire bundle is 0.25 inch above the wire bundle
or 1.00 inch below the wire bundle.
Booster Tip and Ferrule Inspection
Inspection requirements for SMDC booster
tips are as follows:
1. No damage, however slight, is permitted
on SMDC or FCDC booster tips or skirted
ferrules. If any damage is observed, the SMDC
or FCDC must be replaced. Shiny surfaces on
booster tips are permitted.
2. If the ferrule is loose or partially swivels,
the SMDC or FCDC must be replaced. This
may be determined by holding the skirted
ferrule and attempting to rotate it radially.
Detonating Cord Inspection
The SMDC or FCDC booster tip must be
inspected for correct length and alignment
(fig. 2-22). Use the detonating cord inspection
gauge set, part number A51562680-1, in the
1. Use the correct size gauge for booster tip
Figure 2-22.SMDC/FCDC booster tip inspection.