8. Place the two halves of the white spacer together
and install on the aft end of the forward flare (fig. 13-30).
Prepare dispenser for flare loading as follows:
1. Safety pin and flag installed in safety switch (fig.
2. Stepper switch set on safe.
3. Ensure dispenser has been electrically checked.
4. Open breech caps, ensure sleeves are clean.
5. Open four downloading breech caps (fig.
Flare Loading Procedures
Load flares into dispenser as follows:
1. Insert forward flare into tube with green arming
cap forward, and ensure white spacer is properly seated
on yellow sealing ring and centered. Continue to push
flare forward, and insert aft flare with green arming cap
forward until forward flare is stopped against the
2. Close aft retaining link and insert shear pin, with
head of shear pin in the upward position. Spread shear
pin tangs 30 to 40 degrees.
3. Rotate applicable forward retaining lock to
4. Install shear pin into lock with pinhead forward
and spread tangs to 30 to 40 degrees.
5. Install four downloading breech caps and
6. Mark dispenser with the date loaded, munitions,
lot number, timer setting, and electrical test date.
Safety precautions prescribe the minimum
requirements and regulations you should observe when