The original of all Qual/Cert forms, both
current and past, awarded by the command
LEARNING OBJECTIVE: Identify the
for personnel presently assigned
membership and responsibilities of the
and Certification Board.
Board members shall be:
The CO/OIC shall be the board chairman. At the
· An E-6 or above and/or civilian supervisory
discretion of the CO/OIC, the duties of the board
chairman may be delegated in writing to the cognizant
head of department assigned. The CO/OIC will
· Designated by name, in writing, by the CO/OIC.
assume the responsibility of board chairman for
Designation may be promulgated by individual
activities that do not have an active duty officer to fill
letter or notice, provided the designation
correspondent signature is not delegated below
BOARD CHAIRMAN RESPONSIBILITIES
· Qualified and certified as a QA and/or SO.
· Certified in the same explosive/explosive device
The board chairman shall:
and work task codes for which they are qualify-
· Oversee the command Qual/Cert program and
ing and certifying.
ensure that the provisions of OPNAVINST
8020.14 are carried out.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
· Be aware of all explosive operations at the
The responsibilities of the certification board are as
activity and ensure that involved personnel are in
full compliance with OPNAVINST 8020.14.
· Observe and evaluate the skill and pro-
· Ensure that sufficient quantities of qualified and
ficiency of personnel being considered for
certified board members are maintained on
board at all times.
· Ensure qualification-training requirements have
· Conduct a formal Qual/Cert board utilizing an
been met prior to recommendation for cer-
oral and/or written examination.
· Maintain a board chairman's notebook with the
when personnel who are being considered for
certification require additional training or ex-
A current copy of OPNAV 8020.14
perience before being certified.
A c u r r e n t c o p y o f t h e c o m m a n d 's
· During the Qual/Cert board, review for accuracy
Qual/Cert training plan
all pertinent training documentation of person-
nel being nominated for certification and make
Board member designations until the last
recommendations to the board chairman.
Qual/Cert signed by the transferred board
· Monitor and submit changes, via the chain of
member is no longer valid
command, to the command's training plan.
For a minimum of 1 year, all formal
Qual/Cert board results to include date,
board members present, personnel cer-
Qualification and Certification Program.
tified, and the individual's highest cer-
Q4-2. For what period of time is recertification
tification level awarded
A copy of the approval for all waivers and
Q4-3. State what individuals are required to become