Figure 2-8. - Practice tests: (A) simple; (B) difficult.
2. Count the total number of errors.
3. Multiply the number of errors by 50. (Fifty strokes are taken off for each error.)
4. Subtract the number of error strokes (number obtained from step No. 3) from the total number of words number of strokes (number obtained in step No. 1).
5. Divide the number obtained in step No. 4 by 5. This answer gives the gross words because each word is considered to consist of 5 strokes.
6. Divide the gross words (number obtained in step No. 5) by 5 to obtain the typed per minute. The gross words are divided by 5 because this is a 5-minute test.Continue Reading