When installing Mk 34 and Mk 63 warheads,
use the chain wrench only in the area
indicated by the decal. This prevents
damage to the warhead.
NOTE: A groove may be cut in one nylon
insert only of the practice warheads Mk 6 Mod
7 and Mk 32 Mod 0. This facilitates assembly
of the warhead to the motor.
For detailed information concerning the assembly
procedures of airborne rockets, you should refer to
Airborne Rockets, NAVAIR 11-85-5; 5.0-Inch Airborne
Rocket Launchers LAU-10 Series, N A V A I R
11-75A-63; and 2.75-Inch Airborne Rocket Launchers,
REVIEW NUMBER 2
Q1. List the two subcaliber practice bombs normally
Q2. List the two practice bomb signals used with the
Mk 76 practice bomb.
Q3. To what publication should you refer for detailed
information about practice bombs?
SUU-25 FLARE DISPENSER
Perform loading and unloading of the dispenser in
authorized areas only.
Install adapter kits on flares as follows:
1. Make sure the timer knob is on safe.
2. Make sure there is no external damage.
3. Check the adapter kit (fig. 13-27) for two green
arming caps with serviceable arming lanyards, one
white two-piece spacer, and four yellow sealing rings.
4. Rotate the time knob (fig. 13-28) to required
5. Install yellow sealing ring on each end of flare.
6. Connect green arming cap lanyard (fig. 13-29)
to timer knob.
7. Install green capon yellow sealing ring.
Figure 13-28.Timer knob settings.
Figure 13-29.Lanyard configuration.