INDICATOR GAUGE, PG-2, with a pressure of
100 to 120 psig, as indicated on the TEST
PRESSURE GAUGE, PG-1, applied to the
converter. Record these readings on the Per-
formance Test Sheet.
9. Using the OXYGEN SUPPLY valve, V-6,
and the SYSTEM BLEED valve, V-5, reduce the
pressure applied to the converter to 95 psig as
indicated on gauge PG-1.
10. Disconnect the test stand hose from the
FLOWMETER CONNECTION, NIP-4 and
reconnect it to the FLOWMETER CONNEC-
11. Turn the FLOWMETER SELECTOR
valve V-1 to the 0.0-0.25 lpm position.
120 While maintaining 95 psig to the converter
with valve V-6, check for leakage indicated on the
FLOWMETER INDICATOR, PG-2. Maximum
allowable leakage is 0.01 lpm. Record this reading
on the Performance Test Sheet.
13. If leakage is excessive, or if the relief valve
fails to vent at the required flow and pressure,
locate the probable cause using Troubleshooting
Chart Relief Valve Test (Table 12-19).
14. Close OXYGEN SUPPLY valve, V-6.
Bleed the test stand using SYSTEM BLEED valve,
V-5. Close TEST PRESSURE GAUGE-TO-
BELL JAR valve, V-4.
15. Disconnect both the test stand hose
assemblies from the converter and from the test
16. Uncap the 45-degree elbow that you
capped in step 3, and reconnect the buildup tube,
which you removed in step 2.
17. Reconnect the high and low capacitance
cable assemblies, which you removed in step 1.
At this time, ensure that all safety wired setscrews
have the proper Glyptal dots applied.
CONVERTER LEAKAGE TEST
To test the converter for leaks, proceed as
1. Using Test Stand Hose Assembly, P/N
59A120-B5-47, connect the test stand BELL JAR
BOTTOM COUPLING C-1 to the converter
2. Open the TEST PRESSURE GAUGE-TO-
BELL JAR valve, V-2.
3. Using the OXYGEN SUPPLY valve, V-6,
slowly apply 95 psig, as indicated on TEST
PRESSURE GAUGE, PG-1, to the converter.
4. Maintain 95 psig and inspect for leakage
at all connections using leak detection compound
(MIL-L-25567). There should be no leakage. If
any leakage is found, locate its probable cause
using the troubleshooting chart (table 12-20).
Table 12-19.-Troubleshooting (Relief Valve Test)
Table 12-20.-Troubleshooting (Converter Leakage Test)